- Close your host application, DAW or NLE, and reboot your computer.
- Find your plug-in folder path. In VST2 format could be not fixed and several path can coexist. Please read default paths for Acqua Effect plug-ins for more precise plug-in path information.
- Create an auxiliary folder outside your current plug-in folder, for example in desktop or in a secure external device, with name 'My plug-ins (unused)'.
- Move all your plug-ins to the back-up 'My plug-ins (unused)' folder. Your plug-in folder should must be empty now.
- Run Aquarius and reinstall the problematic product from purchased page.
- Run your host application, DAW or NLE. Host application should rescan your plug-in and should detect only one plug-in.
- If your product now it is recognized by your host, DAW or NLE, recover your plug-ins from your back-up 'My plug-ins (unused)' folder. Be careful, some plug-in(s) is not working properly and your host scan is crashing, we recommend you to move your plug-ins one by one until you detect the wrong one(s).
- If your product is not yet recognized by your host, DAW or NLE, check your host documentation, and delete the plug-ins blacklist and the plug-in cache file in order to force a new complete plug-in scan in the next host run.
To contact Acustica Audio support go to the ‘Support and Help-desk Section’ in your Acustica Audio account. We do not provide support via social networks, public forums, Acustica Audio forums, or email accounts.