N4 and N4 Player use a large number of files to work: emulation presets, dictionaries, skins, temporal files, etc., and in the case, a file is wrong or corrupted, there is a lot of possibilities that N4 or N4 Player stops working completely or crash your host (DAW or NLE). To avoid complex problems we recommend delete all the files and reinstall the latest N4 or N4 Player version available and the problematic library using always using the latest Aquarius application version.
|Remember that N4 and N4 Player cannot coexist on the same computer or operating system.|
Please follow these steps:
- Close your host (DAW or NLE).
- Download and install the latest Aquarius application version and run auto-update to the latest version.
- Backup manually your N4 (or N4 Player) content.
- Delete your N4, or N4 Player, content altogether, which means you should delete manually and completely the N4 repository folder (the N4 repository folder is a shared resource folder for all N4 plug-ins formats), and the N4 plug-in files completely from the plug-in(s) folder(s).
- Install N4 (or N4 Player) from the Aquarius application.
- Run N4, or N4 Player, on your host (DAW or NLE), and check is not crashing.
- If the problem is related to a specific library or emulation preset. Install it again via the Aquarius application.
- Run again N4, or N4 Player, on your host (DAW or NLE) and check the specific library or emulation preset is not crashing.
NOTE: try to replicate the wrong behavior in a new session, do not use old sessions or old templates.
|For problems related to third parties libraries and emulation presets that are not for sale in the Acustica Audio web-shop, you should contact the seller or developer of that library or emulation preset directly.|
In case of continuing problems after following the steps above you should provide help-the following information.
|TIP: consider providing all the information in order to reduce the case response time.|
You should provide us with the following information:
- System hardware report. Read and follow the solution in our knowledge base (KB): how to make a system hardware report.
- The complete version of DAW or NLE in use. How to know a DAW or NLE version.
- Complete N4 or N4 Player release and version installed. See the Aquarius application update page.
- Complete and problematic library name, release, and version installed. See the Aquarius application update page.
- The N4 repository folder compressed in ZIP format (the N4 repository folder is a shared resource folder for all N4 plug-ins formats).
- The N4 plug-in file (VST2, VST3, AAX, or AU), and the N4.XML file, compressed in ZIP format.
- Your host (DAW or NLE) session with N4 and the library crashing compressed in ZIP format.
|TIP: if the ZIP files size are too long, upload them to a free cloud service and provide us with the download link.|
|Do not send us emails or reply to the help-desk solutions, since the ticket will be created without any property and our help-desk agents will not answer them.|
To contact the Acustica Audio support go to the ‘Support and Help-desk Section’ in your Acustica Audio account. We do not provide support via social networks, public forums, Acustica Audio forums, or email accounts.