N4 and N4 Player use a large number of files to work (emulation presets, dictionaries, skins, temporal files, etc.), and in the case a file is wrong or corrupted, there is a lot of possibilities that the product stops working completely or crash your host (DAW or NLE). To avoid complex problems we recommend to delete all the files and reinstall the latest version available and the problematic library using always latest Aquarius version.
Please follow these steps:
- Download and install latest Aquarius version, and run auto-update to latest version (mandatory).
- Backup manually your N4 (or N4 Player) content.
- Delete your N4 (or N4 Player) content altogether, that means you should delete manually and completely the shared resources repository folder, and N4 plug-in files completely (mandatory).
- Install N4 (or N4 Player) from purchased Aquarius page. Remember N4 and N4 Player CAN NOT coexist.
- If problem is related with a specific library or emulation preset. Install it again via Aquarius.
- Test again, and try to replicate the wrong behavior in a new session, do not use old sessions or templates.
If install again the product (or products) you still get errors or crashes, you should provide the following information.
Please consider providing all the information in order to reduce the case response time.
To debug your issue we need first to replicate the exact behavior in our test computers, and you should provide us:
- System hardware report. Read and follow the solution in our knowledge base (KB): how to make a system hardware report.
- Complete version of DAW or NLE in use.
- Complete N4 or N4 Player version/release installed. See Aquarius.
- Complete library name, version/release installed. See Aquarius.
- Shared resources folder compressed in ZIP format.
- N4 plug-in file, and .XML file, and .AQU file compressed in ZIP format.
- Your host (DAW or NLE) N4 crashing session compressed in ZIP format.
If the ZIP files size are too long, upload them to a free cloud service and provide us with the download link.
Note: if your host (DAW or NLE) not see or scan N4 or N4 Player, read and follow the solution in our knowledge base (KB): how to overcome DAW/NLE scanning problems.
To contact Acustica Audio support go to the ‘Support and Help-desk Section’ in your Acustica Audio account. We do not provide support via social networks, public forums, Acustica Audio forums, or email accounts.