Acustica Audio anti-copy protection is based on a simple challenge/response system automated via Aquarius or thought Acustica Audio website but always using an internet connection. We highly recommend using Aquarius for product installation and authorization, however manual authorization via website user orders section is possible. Fast working internet connection is mandatory for Aquarius and for website authorizations.
Authorization through Aquarius
- Products installed via Aquarius application:
When you run an installation via Aquarius, the product is downloaded in stage-area, then Aquarius decompress the files and move them to the plug-in destination folder, finally, Aquarius will check the status of your product's authorization (web-database) and will authorize the product automatically. You can get more information about Aquarius in Aquarius user-manual.
- Products installed via standard installers (obolete method):
Aquarius can also authorize products installed via standard installers, you should first set up correctly the Aquarius installation tab to see your products. (mandatory for VST2 format). Then go to the Aquarius updates page and click in authorize. You can get more information about Aquarius in Aquarius user-manual.
Authorization through website
- Install your product (commercial products only.
- Run one product instance in a new session in your DAW/NLE. You MUST run your DAW/NLE as a real administrator (mandatory).
- A computer identification file will be created with the extension .SER in the plug-in folder where all the plug-in files are.
- Upload the computer identification file (with extension .SER) in the orders section in your Acustica Audio account.
- The website will create a new authorization file with the extension .AUT and will deposit it on the licenses section in your Acustica Audio account.
- Download the authorization file (with extension .AUT) and move it to the same path where did you find your computer identification file.
- If you are authorizing several plug-in formats, copy the authorization file (with extension .AUT) in all plug-ins folders, for example in VST2 path, VST3 path, AAX path, and AU path (plug-in format available in macOS only).
IMPORTANT: website is not smart as Aquarius, avoid to upload several times the same computer identification for the same computer, for more details read section how authorization slot are counted.
Note about how authorization slots count is done
- Authorization count for commercial products:
Aquarius will recognize if your commercial product has already been authorized in the current computer and will re-use the same authorization slot if it is available, saving your authorization slots. Website and Aquarius authorizations count are synchronized and you can see how many used slots and free slots you have for each commercial and trial product on the updates page, which means you should install first the product to know exactly the status of your authorizations slots.
- Authorization count for trial products:
Aquarius will NOT recognize if your trial product has already been authorized in the current computer and will use one authorization slot for each plug-in format, each computer, and each installation attempt. Be careful, try several installation or authorization attempts can quickly end your trial authorization slots. Website and Aquarius authorizations count are synchronized and you can see how many used slots and free slots you have for each commercial and trial product on the updates page, which means you should install first the product to know exactly the status of your authorizations slots.
- De-authorization is possible only through Aquarius application or Aquarius web.
- Offline authorization NOT exits and is NOT possible.
- Delete authorizations from the user's account is possible through Aquarius application de-authorization or Aquarius web.
- Aquarius products can NOT coexist with standard installers.
- Fast working internet connection is mandatory for Aquarius and for website authorizations.
- Keep the Aquarius application updated.
- Check always Aquarius installation tab settings before a new installation an attempt.
- Always close all applications and reboot your computer before installing a new product.
- Always install products with a real administrator account.
- Always verify there is enough space before attempt a new installation.
|Typical authorization mistakes|
- Operating system user account lack of permissions or permissions are corrupted and Aquarius can not move the authorization file from stage-area temporal folder to plug-in destination path.
- You have not accepted the macOS script so Aquarius is not able to copy the authorization file from the stage-area temporal folder to the plug-in destination path.
- The product was manually moved to a different folder after installation, and Aquarius is coping with the authorization file in the default setting/installation path.
- You installed the product twice, first with a standard installer and then via Aquarius, the product will not work, you should uninstall and delete all files and folder(s) before the start from the beginning again installing the product ONLY via Aquarius.
- There is not enough space for installation or for the authorization file, backup and/or purge your Aquarius stage-area.
- You have finished your authorization slots, request first additional slots.
Do not send us emails or reply to help-desk solution, since the ticket will be created without any property and our help-desk agents will not answer them.
To contact Acustica Audio support go to the ‘Support and Help-desk Section’ in your Acustica Audio account. We do not provide support via social networks, public forums, Acustica Audio forums, or email accounts.