Acustica Audio anti-copy protection is based into a simple challenge/response system automated via Aquarius or thought Acustica Audio website but always using an internet connection. We highly recommend to use Aquarius for product installation and authorization, however manual authorization via website user orders section is possible. Fast working internet connection is mandatory for Aquarius and for website authorizations.
Authorization through Aquarius
- Products installed via Aquarius:
When you run an installation via Aquarius, product is downloaded in stage-area, then Aquarius decompress the files and move them to the plug-in destination folder, finally Aquarius will check the status of your products authorization (web-database) and will authorize the product automatically. You can get more information about Aquarius in Aquarius user-manual.
- Products installed via standard installers:
Aquarius can also authorize products installed via standard installers, you should first setup correctly Aquarius installation tab to see your products. (mandatory for VST2 format). Then go to Aquarius updates page and click in authorize. You can get more information about Aquarius in Aquarius user-manual.
Authorization through website
- Install your product (commercial products only.
- Run one product instance in a new session in your DAW/NLE. You MUST run your DAW/NLE as a real administrator (mandatory).
- A computer identification file will be create with extension .SER in the plug-in folder where all the plug-in files are.
- Upload the computer identification file (with extension .SER) in orders section in your Acustica Audio account.
- Website will create a new authorization file with extension .AUT and will deposit it in licenses section in your Acustica Audio account.
- Download the authorization file (with extension .AUT) and move it to the same path where did you find your computer identification file.
- If you are authorizing several plug-in formats, copy the authorization file (with extension .AUT) in all plug-ins folders, for example in VST2/3 path, AAX path, and AU path (plug-in format available in macOS only).
IMPORTANT: website is not smart as Aquarius, avoid to upload several times the same computer identification for the same computer, for more details read section how authorization slot are counted.
NOTE about how authorization slots count is done
- Authorization count for commercial products:
Aquarius will recognize if your commercial product has already been authorized in the current computer and will re-use the same authorization slot if it is available, saving your authorization slots. Website and Aquarius authorizations count are synchronized and you can see how many used and free slots you have for each commercial and trial product in updates page, that means you should install first the product to know exactly the status of your authorizations slots.
- Authorization count for trial products:
Aquarius will NOT recognize if your trial product has already been authorized in the current computer and will use one authorization slot for each plug-in format, each computer, and each installation attempt. Be careful, try several installation or authorization attempts can quickly end your trial authorization slots. Website and Aquarius authorizations count are synchronized and you can see how many used and free slots you have for each commercial and trial product in updates page, that means you should install first the product to know exactly the status of your authorizations slots.
- De-authorization it is possible only through Aquarius.
- Offline authorization NOT exits and is NOT possible.
- Delete authorizations from user's account is possible through Aquarius de-authorization.
- Aquarius products can NOT coexist with standard installers.
- Fast working internet connection is mandatory for Aquarius and for website authorizations.
- Keep Aquarius application updated.
- Check always Aquarius installation tab settings before a new installation a attempt.
- Always close all applications and reboot your computer before install a new product.
- Always install products with a real administrator account.
- Always verify there is enough space before attempt an new installation.
Typical authorization mistakes:
- Operating system user account lack of permissions or permissions are corrupted and Aquarius can not move the authorization file from stage-area temporal folder to plug-in destination path.
- You not accepted the macOS script so Aquarius is not able to copy authorization file from stage-area temporal folder to plug-in destination path.
- Product was manually move to a different folder after installation, and Aquarius is coping the authorization file in the default setting/installation path.
- You installed the product twice, first with a standard installer and then via Aquarius, product will not work, you should uninstall and delete all files and folder(s) before start from the beginning again installing the product ONLY via Aquarius.
- There is not enough space for installation or for the authorization file, backup and/or purge your Aquarius stage-area.
- You have finished your authorization slots, request first additional slots.
To contact Acustica Audio support go to the ‘Support and Help-desk Section’ in your Acustica Audio account. We do not provide support via social networks, public forums, Acustica Audio forums, or email accounts.